A preview of scripture that identifies those passages that demonstrate and direct us to have a worshipful fear and awe of God.
Fear God Scripture Preview
- Genesis 22:12When we are willing to surrender that which is most dear to us to serve our Heavenly Father we demonstrate our love and worship to Him.
- Hebrews 05:7-8God hears the prayers of those that worship Him. The intensity of Christ’s prayers brought comfort from God so that He could be obedient to suffering and saved from death.
- Ephesians 06:05Remember that regardless of who you are working for, you are really working for the Lord. Serve Him with all respect and ability, for a reward awaits you.
- Acts 09:31A faithful walk with God provides the comfort and confidence of His Spirit. Our faith and the entire church are built up when we worship the Lord.
- Luke 23:40-43In this life there is still hope, still time to repent, time to pray and to find faith in Christ who died for us. Our hope is in Him and to the next life.
- Matthew 10:28…have a sincere faith in Christ and never be ashamed of your relationship with Him, for those who truly worship God need not fear any man.
- Zephaniah 03:16-17Do not fear; Zion, let not your hands be weak. The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.
- Jonah 01:15-16Cast your fear and worry on to God and allow Him to calm the storm in your life.
- Jeremiah 05:22Even the waves know the boundaries that God has established for them; therefore discipline yourself and exercise the fear of God He has instilled within you.
- Proverbs 23:17-18Do not envy or adopt the practices of those who sin even though they may prosper in this life, but worship the Lord and do His will and your reward will outshine anything imaginable.