A preview of scripture that identifies those passages that demonstrate and direct us to have a worshipful fear and awe of God.
Fear God Scripture Preview
- Proverbs 23:17-18Do not envy or adopt the practices of those who sin even though they may prosper in this life, but worship the Lord and do His will and your reward will outshine anything imaginable.
- Proverbs 01:07The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
- Psalm 103:17-18The mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him.
- Job 02:03God takes great pleasure when our faith is strong to provide victory over temptation. Let your faith be strengthened by each victory and give Him praise!
- Deuteronomy 31:12-13We gain wisdom through the study of His word, and worship Him through obedience to His word. May our worship be an example to those who do not know His word so that they might turn to His word.
- Deuteronomy 10:12-13…fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul…
- Deuteronomy 05:29Have a worshipful heart for God that is honest, sincere and willing to follow Him, not just when we are convicted of our sins or faced with tough choices, but in all circumstances.
- Deuteronomy 04:09-10Worship God as you did when you first believed. Keep Him close to your heart each day so that your life will be a reflection of Him, and a living demonstration of worship for others to see.
- Genesis 22:12When we are willing to surrender that which is most dear to us to serve our Heavenly Father we demonstrate our love and worship to Him.
- Hebrews 05:7-8God hears the prayers of those that worship Him. The intensity of Christ’s prayers brought comfort from God so that He could be obedient to suffering and saved from death.