A preview of scripture that identifies those passages that demonstrate and direct us to have a worshipful fear and awe of God.
Fear God Scripture Preview
- Job 02:03God takes great pleasure when our faith is strong to provide victory over temptation. Let your faith be strengthened by each victory and give Him praise!
- Deuteronomy 31:12-13We gain wisdom through the study of His word, and worship Him through obedience to His word. May our worship be an example to those who do not know His word so that they might turn to His word.
- Deuteronomy 10:12-13…fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul…
- Deuteronomy 05:29Have a worshipful heart for God that is honest, sincere and willing to follow Him, not just when we are convicted of our sins or faced with tough choices, but in all circumstances.
- Deuteronomy 04:09-10Worship God as you did when you first believed. Keep Him close to your heart each day so that your life will be a reflection of Him, and a living demonstration of worship for others to see.
- Genesis 22:12When we are willing to surrender that which is most dear to us to serve our Heavenly Father we demonstrate our love and worship to Him.
- Hebrews 05:7-8God hears the prayers of those that worship Him. The intensity of Christ’s prayers brought comfort from God so that He could be obedient to suffering and saved from death.
- Ephesians 06:05Remember that regardless of who you are working for, you are really working for the Lord. Serve Him with all respect and ability, for a reward awaits you.
- Acts 09:31A faithful walk with God provides the comfort and confidence of His Spirit. Our faith and the entire church are built up when we worship the Lord.
- Luke 23:40-43In this life there is still hope, still time to repent, time to pray and to find faith in Christ who died for us. Our hope is in Him and to the next life.